Having sound on page optimization is mission-critical to rank high for competitive keywords. This means tweaking content to make it both more user-friendly and more readable to search engines.
While optimizing pages, especially existing pages, is cumbersome and time consuming, it can be well worth it and result in significant improvements in search engine rankings and website traffic.
As we all know, the higher a business appears in search engine rankings, the more the business is able to attract new visitors and customers, increase their online presence and build word-of-mouth.
- To start increasing your website rankings, click here.
In this SEO case study, I'm going to show you how I was able to tweak one of our clients blog posts to achieve a jump in search engine rankings in just days.
Let's get started!
On Page Optimization Case Study
Our client wanted to optimize the blog post for a competitive keyword in the fitness niche. The article lacked many of the conventions I talk about in the SEO writing tutorial, and had been stuck on Page 6 for 18 months.
It didn't take long to examine the areas that needed fixing.
While it took several hours, the scope of work included:
- Inserting keywords into headings (H2s, H3s)
- Increasing keyword density from 0.6% to 1.5%
- Inserting new images with LSI set to the alt tag
- Inserting keywords into the first and last paragraphs
- Changing the Url structure to include the keyword in the title
- Inserting LSI keywords and adding appropriate markup
- Editing the meta description to include the main keyword + LSI keywords
On Page Case Study Results
As you can see, within just a few days, we saw major boosts for this content:
* As recorded via Serpbook in Google.com
We did not ping this, we let Google index the changes naturally.
Additionally, after the work was done, we did not touch the site for several days -- standard practice until we are satisfied the changes have been sufficiently indexed. This is recommended for both new and existing blog posts.
Need help with your on page SEO?
Chat with us today and see how we can help.