The Google Keyword Planner tool is a keyword research tool that helps you find keywords to build optimal search engine campaigns that gain organic traffic.
How to Use Google Keyword Planner
Using Google Keyword Planner, you can discover keywords that you can optimise your site for to achieve higher search engine rankings. When you first log in, you'll be presented with this screen giving you 3 options to find keywords:
Here you can find keywords by:
- Searching via phrase, keyword or website
- Getting search volume data and trends
- Multiplying keyword lists to get new keywords
Once inside, you'll be able to filter the keywords by a number of options.
The filtering options in Keyword Planner including via:
- Search volume
- Competition level
- Negative keywords
- Date range
- See our complete Google Keyword Planner Tutorial here.
- Access Google Keyword Planner here: https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner
- Our step by step Keyword Planner tutorial
- Google's own introduction to Keyword Planner
Note: You will need a Google account in order to start using the service. While there are paid tools that can make uncovering low competition faster, such as Long Tail Pro,
Google Keyword Planner is generally the best place to start when looking for keywords that will go on to form the basis of your site's search engine optimisation.